Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Outfit No. 4 - My Ultimate Christmas Dress!

Its the last Christmast post!!!

This dress revolves around the most amazing Christmas fabric I have found, and the best thing about it was that there was a full 7 metres of it!


Now I really really wanted to do justice to this magnificent fabric, so I grabbed out my pattern for the sweetheart neckline bodice from my tropical print dress and made some decorative enhancements:


Here is one of them - that bloody bow took one whole hour to make.  Mind you this could be because this was the third dress I was sewing in two days and I was a leeeeetle tired by then!

I then cut out 2.5m from the length of the fabric to make a really full gathered skirt - I wanted it to be as full and as gathered as possible!

What I ended up with was this:


HOW ADORABLE!!!

This is my favourite one of the week, so I made sure to save it to Friday.  I love the way that the bow and the faux wrap bust and halter tie make it look like I'm wrapped up like a present.


I actually got the inspiration for the bow from the print on the fabric - it has bows wrapped around sticks of holly.


And once again, this bodice has six bones - two in the front, two in the back and two in the sides.

Oh, and I also went way out with my accessories for this outfit - if you're going to go over the top, you need to go OVER THE TOP!


The necklace is my last piece this year from Lucy Luxxe, and I call it my Christmas Crazy necklace.  Renee made it for me by casting from some vintage brooches I purchased - see the Santa on the hair bow?  I also have the Rudolf one, but there was no where for it on this outfit...

So that is my final Christmas outfit!  I hope you've all enjoyed the festive madness!!

Merry Christmas to you all!!!!!

Beccie
xxx



5 comments:

  1. I love, love it all!! I do love over the top accessories. They go so well with your outfit. Halters are so flattering, I have one and so far have yet to wear it. :(

    The Fictionista
    {sean-mackenzie.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your comments Sean! I love this dress too :D Its my favourite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Beccie! So glad the dress turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete