This suit project is coming along well, even if it is coming along slowly! It doesn't help that I put it down to do other emergency projects, and commissions for other people... but anyway!
The outside of the suit jacket now looks like this!
You can see that the inside hasn't been finished because the sleeve cuffs are hanging out... but I needed to secure the bows and the buttons before I put the lining in. To me, it was kind of like icing a cake before putting it in the oven.
But before I moved on to the lining I also needed to do a bit of hand sewing - mainly the hem of the jacket, and around the neck.
On to the lining!
I pulled out the gorgeous raspberry satin and cut out all the necessary pieces and sewed it together with my trusty sewing machine. Due to past experiences, I expected this to be a headache, but it wasn't! Either my skills have improved, or I found a magical satin that isn't a total b-word. haha!
Obviously there is a little bit more trimming down to be done here but the colour... I just love it!
I put the jacket outer on my headless helper inside out, and trimmed and pinned the lining in place, in preparation for hand sewing it in. Yes, there is A LOT of hand sewing in this project!!!
You can see that I left the pleated bits below the bows unlined. There might have been a better way to treat this section, but I think this works ok.
By the way, how fabulous are these colours together!
Anyway, I better get back to the hand sewing! Then I need to make the skirt.